The station had two platforms with a passing loop for the otherwise single line. Its buildings were of brick and to a design virtually standard for the line. There was a small waiting shelter on the down platform, access to which was by a barrow crossing. There were three sidings including one each to the goods shed and cattle pens.
Four years after opening the station had its passenger service withdrawn due to lack of business. An extension to Broom Junction was incorporated in 1873 by means of a railway called the Evesham Redditch and Stratford-upon-Avon Junction Railway which opened in 1879. As trade picked up, the station was reopened on 22 February 1885.
The LMS found it a useful link between its Bristol and London routes in competition with GWR goods traffic to the Capital.[page needed]
In common with normal single line working, tokens would be exchanged at the signal boxes associated with each station loop. Initially there was one block from Stratford to Ettington, and another from Ettington to Kineton. In 1911 the facility was added to switch Ettington box out during the night, and work with one long block – a novel system at that time.
During the Second World War the station was used to transport munitions and troops to nearby RAF Wellesbourne Mountford. There is little evidence of the station left apart from one of the goods sheds and the site is now used as a timber merchants and stables.