Senovo (pronounced [sɛˈnɔːʋɔ] or [sɛˈnoːʋɔ]) is a settlement in the Municipality of Krško in eastern Slovenia. It developed into a large settlement after its brown coal mine began to operate in 1839, but especially in the early 20th century. The mine closed in the second half of the 1990s. The area is part of the traditional region of Styria. It is now included with the rest of the municipality in the Lower Sava Statistical Region.
The parish church in the settlement is dedicated to Christ the Saviour and belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Celje. It was built in 1975 and has a square floor plan with a slanted roof and a separate belfry.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Eurostat Portrait of the Regions – SpodnjeposavskaArchived 2007-12-15 at the Wayback Machine
- Document on the energy policy of the Republic of SloveniaArchived 2011-10-02 at the Wayback Machine
- Krško municipal site
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage reference number 3343